TELEPHONE CALL VOCABULARY IN ENGLISH

Telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell, which is one of the greatest inventions of the betterment and comfort of mankind. We have a telephonic conversation almost every hour. Having telephonic conversations has become a part of our daily routine. Tring! Tring! Hello, who’s calling? Do you talk on the phone? Do you talk for long hours or short period of time? If I talk about myself, I talk a lot on the phone and usually, tell friends about the conversation I had. While talking to friends, people often are seen in search of new words and phrases. Maybe you too require it. If you want to tell someone about the conversation you had, or while talking on the phone the call got disconnected, or the person on the other side was not audible. So, In this telephone call vocabulary, we will be learning new words and phrases for the situations. Let’s have a look. 1. Dead – battery ran out   e.g.- I am so sorry, my phone went dead. 2. Engaged – If the line’s busy, call

POLITE WAYS TO SAY NO



NO

You do find yourself saying Yes when you really want to say No. I am sure you do.Now we cannot please everyone. These are the times when we have to say No. Saying direct No might sound rude. So what are polite ways, let’s have a look.

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, the word  “No” is sketched as

  1. To express unfriendly choice or possibility
  2. To express negation, dissent, denial, or refusal


Here are some situations

 If you want to deny a request

  • I would love to help you, but...
  • I wish I could help you, but...
  • Normally I would able to, but...
  • Unfortunately now is not a good time
  • Apologies, but I can’t make it

 If you want to deny offer

  • I appreciate offer, but...
  • That would be great but...
  • Thank you for the offer, but...

 When you are with your friends and family

  • No, but thank you
  • No thanks!
  • Not now but another time
  • I would like to but...
  • Nope, No way
  • It’s not my thing
  • I’m not interested
  • No way
  • Nope
  • Not likely
  • I’m slammed
  • By no means


Comments

  1. Great post thanks for sharing useful information. I like to read articles on blogger passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for your blogtime. I realy enjoyed reading your topic. I will try each method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good content...was useful

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice....thank you for giving me such a useful information

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very useful and knowledgeable article....πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ya i agree with you. And the situations those are mentioned in blog are quite interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are times...when u r in a situation...where you can't deny straight away to a person...so I believe the points that you have mentioned above are of great importance for situations like that . Definitely gonna implement them... ! Keep posting the good stuff....ol d very best...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW TO IMPROVE ENGLISH

DIFFERENT WAYS TO SAY “YES”