TELEPHONE CALL VOCABULARY IN ENGLISH

Telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell, which is one of the greatest inventions of the betterment and comfort of mankind. We have a telephonic conversation almost every hour. Having telephonic conversations has become a part of our daily routine. Tring! Tring! Hello, who’s calling? Do you talk on the phone? Do you talk for long hours or short period of time? If I talk about myself, I talk a lot on the phone and usually, tell friends about the conversation I had. While talking to friends, people often are seen in search of new words and phrases. Maybe you too require it. If you want to tell someone about the conversation you had, or while talking on the phone the call got disconnected, or the person on the other side was not audible. So, In this telephone call vocabulary, we will be learning new words and phrases for the situations. Let’s have a look. 1. Dead – battery ran out   e.g.- I am so sorry, my phone went dead. 2. Engaged – If the line’s busy, call

DESCRIBE A PERSON YOU HAVE SEEN (MET) WHO IS BEAUTIFUL OR HANDSOME


You should say:
  • who is s/he
  • how you know him/her
  • what you know about him/her
and explain why do you think s/he is beautiful or handsome.

  • I have seen countless attractive and good-looking people in my life.
  • Here, I would like to talk about a person whom I find the most beautiful.
  • She is none other than my mother.
  • She is in her early fifties.
  • She is not tall, but looks very pretty.
  • Her hair has started greying, but she does not color or dye her hair.
  • She believes in growing grey hair naturally.
  • She generally wear Punjabi suits, and even occasionally too.
  • She is very down to earth person and is loved by all in our family and neighborhood.
  • The reason I find her beautiful is not just because of her looks, but also because of her beautiful soul she has and kind heart  full of love and care.
  • She is woman with strong will power who always teaches us of how to face thought challenges of the life.
  • She cooks delicious food for the whole family.
  • She always guides us to go ahead at right path and do right things in life.
  • She teaches to always be in discipline, behave in manner and make us understand the responsibilities toward family, society and country.
  • She is the  first teacher who teaches us at every step of life.
  • She is my mother, but I find considerate friend in her. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POLITE WAYS TO SAY NO

HOW TO IMPROVE ENGLISH

TELEPHONE CALL VOCABULARY IN ENGLISH